Step 1: Choose your Grain
We recommend wheat berries or farro but other options include:
wild rice, quinoa, brown rice, etc.
Step 2: Choose your broth
We recommend chicken broth but other options include:
vegetable broth or beef broth
Step 3: Choose your protein
We recommend chicken breast but other options include:
ground chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, meatless “meats”, etc.
Step 4: Choose your veggies
We recommend spinach in addition to any of the following:
cauliflower, shredded carrots, cubed squash, frozen peas, etc.
Step 5: Choose your dressing
We recommend trying the Salad Girl dressings or any of the following:
olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tangerine juice, maple syrup, honey, etc.
Step 6: Choose your toppings
We recommend mission figs and goat cheese but other options include:
raisins, pepitos, sunflower kernals, parmesan cheese, etc.
- Boil the grains in the broth.
- Cook the protein and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable and chopped spinach to the cooked protein until tender.
- Place the grains in a bowl, top with the protein and vegetables.
- Drizzle the dressing on top and finish by adding the toppings.